To provide a professional development experience for certified teachers that is educational, convenient, relevant, affordable and ultimately improves student learning.
The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider for professional development hours in several states, including our home state, Pennsylvania!
We offer teachers a variety of courses to quickly and affordably satisfy their professional development requirements as put forth in the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. The required projects are designed to help teachers develop professionally and to be integrated into the classroom for improved student achievement.
Our courses are intended to maximize the quality of time spent working on professional development at a price that rivals the local college courses. New courses are being written and updated constantly so please, keep checking back!
- Self-paced, professional development courses for teachers that can be downloaded to any home computer.
- Relevant, meaningful projects that address the variety of needs of our highly-technical, 21st century students.
- Helpful resources and strategies that teachers can use long after they’ve completed the coursework.
- Affordable courses. Teachers are able to maintain all 180 professional development hours for less than the cost of one course taken at a community college. There are never any additional administrative or material/textbook fees.
We love to hear feedback from our teachers, especially ideas for new courses! Our growing company is always open to suggestions and involvement from our nation’s finest teachers and administrators. If you have a suggestion for a professional development course or would like to get involved, please contact us.
PA Teachers: Act 48 Academy
Act 48 Academy is the name given to the Pennsylvania chapter of The Teacher’s Academy. The company was founded by a team of Pennsylvania teachers who have extensive experience in adult education and curriculum development. Every course in our catalog is approved for Act 48 hours. Click here to see us listed in the state directory of approved providers in Bucks County, PA.
- IACET (International Association of Continuing Education and Training)
- States accepting IACET CEUs: AZ, GA, MA, MI, NH, SC, SD, VT
- ASCI (Association of Christian Schools International)
- Texas CPE#902185
- NY CTLE#3400
- Professional development hours for teachers in: IN, CO, TN, NC, ID, NJ, OK, OR
Click our state map for more information on professional development requirements.
Thanks for visiting!
Maggie & Julie
Co-founders, Act 48 Academy/The Teacher’s Academy