Professional Development Points
Welcome, Virginia Teachers!
- Materials are sent to you immediately and you can begin your course right away.
- Courses can be completed autonomously.
- The Teacher’s Academy is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
The Teacher's Academy is the Best Choice for Professional Development
- All of The Teacher’s Academy courses are written by active school teachers.
- Courses are designed to improve student learning through the enhancement of the teacher’s pedagogy (utilizing the most relevant, current and proven teaching strategies).
- Our courses are aligned with the Common Core standards.
- For pre-approval submit the Request for Approval form.
Our courses are:
- Affordable. Teachers can earn all professional development hours necessary to maintain their license for less than the cost of one community college course.
- Convenient. Our self-paced courses are emailed immediately after purchase and can be downloaded to any computer.
- Effective. We research the latest education strategies that address the needs of the 21st century classroom.
Virginia Public School Teachers
- VA teachers need 180 Professional Development Points every 5 years for license renewal.
- The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under Option #8 “Professional Development Activities” of the Licensure Renewal Manual.
- Our courses are written in 3, 6, 15 or 18 hour increments. For example, our 15 hour courses are worth 15 renewal credits or 1.5 CEUs.
- Within 5-7 business days of course completion, teachers will receive a Certificate of Completion along with a Feedback Form stating the hours earned and skills mastered for the course.
- For information regarding Virginia’s licensing renewal visit the Virginia Department of Education.
- The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider of ACSI Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by Association of Christian School International.
- The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under professional, non-biblical studies.