Renewal Credits/Contact hours
North Carolina Public School Teachers
- Employed teachers must get permission from their LEA before taking courses. Teachers not currently employed do not need permission.
- The Teacher’s Academy will provide a Certificate of Completion with contact hours earned, as documentation for teachers to submit.
- Teachers must earn 8 renewal credits or 80 contact hours for license renewal. One renewal credit = 10 contact hours.
Affordable, Online Professional Development Options
- Materials are sent to you immediately and you can begin your course right away.
- Courses can be completed autonomously and at your own convenience.
- Courses are reviewed within 5-7 business days.
- The Teacher’s Academy is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Our courses are:
- Affordable. Teachers can earn all professional development hours necessary to maintain their license for less than the cost of one community college course.
- Convenient. Our self-paced courses are emailed immediately after purchase and can be downloaded to any computer.
- Effective. We research the latest education strategies that address the needs of the 21st century classroom.
North Carolina Private School Teachers
- The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider of ACSI Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by Association of Christian School International.
- The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under professional, non-biblical studies.