Professional Learning Units
Rhode Island Public School Teachers
LEAs may approve professional learning activities for educators in one or more of the following categories:
- Subject matter/content knowledge and skills
- Pedagogical knowledge or pedagogical content knowledge and skills
- Curriculum implementation knowledge and skills
- Enhance educator effectiveness
An hour of approved professional learning equals one Professional Learning Unit (PLU). LEAs will verify in the Personnel Data Collection system that the educator has completed all required PLUs. RIDE will not collect individual PLU evidence, but educators should maintain their own records.
The Teacher’s Academy is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). The Teacher’s Academy complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, The Teacher’s Academy is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Rhode Island Private School Teachers
- The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider of ACSI Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by Association of Christian School International.
- Courses are considered professional, educational/non-biblical studies.