Our Arts Integration Course Just Got A Makeover!
When students arrive at school, they expect the usual: long lectures, worksheets, and maybe the occasional video incorporated into the lesson. But why does that have to be the norm? Students should be excited to learn every day, and what better way to do that than by incorporating the arts into your daily lesson plans!
The Teachers Academy art integration course for teachers has been revamped so you can get the most out of an updated art education to pass on to your students to ensure they get the best knowledge available.
Let’s take a look at what you can expect when you take this course!
How Integrating Art Can Transform Your Classroom
We believe that when teachers integrate art into the classroom, their students’ minds will grow substantially in many different ways. While the current education system works for many students, others need more to show their full potential. When you integrate the arts and visual art, many benefits are proven to help your students, including:
- Decreased dropout rates because of increased inspiration
- Higher scores on their SATs
- Higher GPA
- Increase in brain functions
The Public School Review also reported that academic performance increases when students study the arts.
How Our Program Can Help You!
During our course, teachers will be creating their own custom integrated art activities for their classrooms. In this interactive program, teachers will also have the opportunity to complete and study the artist of their choice. From this, they will develop an integrated art education plan and further reflect on what they have learned and how they will apply it in their classrooms.
Integrating the arts into the classroom is accepted by departments of education across the county. This art integration course for teachers will help you align art standards with the 21st Century Skills and Common Core standards requirements already put into place in schools nationwide.
Here’s a look at the five essential steps you will learn to integrate the arts into your classroom:
- Choosing the Content Area: When you pick a topic or skill, ask yourself if your students will fully understand the topic with the help of the art you chose to incorporate.
- Choosing the Art Medium: You want to engage your students as much as possible. In this course, you will learn which art mediums will work best to increase your students’ interest and knowledge of the topic.
- Working with Special Needs: If you have students with special needs, they can still thrive with integrated art programs! You will learn how to provide all students with the opportunity to express themselves and expand their minds.
- Designing the Perfect Lesson: Planning your lesson plan doesn’t have to be complicated. You will learn how to see your art integration come to life!
- Delivering the Lesson: Your art integration lesson will finally be seen by your students after all your hard work.
Our art integration course for teachers will set you apart from others. Not only will you be able to connect with your students better with an integrated art unit, but you will also see your professional development grow. Learn more about what professional development points are here!
The Teachers Academy is dedicated to integrating art into the classroom throughout elementary and middle schools across the country. Providing art integration courses for teachers is how we do our part! For more information about our courses, please contact us today.
Take a look at our professional development hours online!