Strategies to Support Multilingual Learners (ELL/ EL)
- Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving, and uploading files, creating folders, basic word processing skills such as using tables
- The ability to take a screenshot of your computer and paste it into a table.
- [Optional] The ability to record a video/screen cast
- Word Processing Software (MS Word, Word for Apple, etc.)
- Internet access
- Adobe Reader 11.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework
Professional Learning Objectives
Using course text and recommended online resources, teachers will…
- Learn about language levels and what learners can be expected to produce.
- Research and evaluate five language strategies that work in classrooms with 100% completion.
- Create three language resources that demonstrate usefulness and effective teaching practices with 100% completion.
- Learn about Talking Points and set up an account with 100% completion.
- Analyze four different student scenarios and justify supports and language abilities with 80% accuracy.
Common Core Standards