Mindfulness in Education
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders; Word Processing skills; Basic Internet keyword searching skills
2. Word processor
3. Adobe 10.0.1 or later to edit and save the pdf files
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Utilize course materials and current research to create custom journal entries that demonstrate knowledge of mindfulness, meditation and contemplation with 100% completion.
2. Utilize course materials including poetry and literature to analyze and justify mindful practices with 100% completion.
3. Read current research on brain functions in students and effective strategies that help students learn and respond to brain function scenarios with 100% accuracy.
4. Watch videos of current scientists and experts on mindfulness to respond to questions and provide written explanation on how the brain changes with this type of practice with 100% completion.
5. Utilize course text and current research to discover the research behind the science of mindfulness and use this information to provide responses to implementing mindful practices in school with 100% accuracy.
6. Share and reflect on establishing and executing a personal and customized three-day mindfulness practice with 100% completion.
7. Research current studies that demonstrate how mindfulness activities in schools improve student behavior and provide a written response with 100% completion.
8. Write a lesson plan that implements their findings of mindfulness research with 100% completion.
Common Core Standards
• CCSS: ELA- College and Career Readiness
• CCSS: ELA- Anchor Standards for Speaking and Listening