Differentiation in the Classroom
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders; Word Processing skills; Basic Internet keyword searching skills
- Adobe PDF reader
- Google Account (gmail or google drive)- Directions for creating this free account are in the course.
Professional Learning Objectives
- Using course text and an option of resources, learners will answer the questions to show a comprehensive understanding of the term, differentiation, as applied to classroom settings with 100% completion.
- Using course text and Google Forms, learners will create a formative assessment that demonstrates their ability to navigate and create forms with 100% completion of required skills.
- Using course text and Internet resources, learners will describe successful instructional strategies that will differentiate for content, skills and process with 100% completion.
- Using course text and Internet resources, learners will complete a Teaching-Up survey to assess their own current state of differentiation and create three Tiered Activities that show a comprehensive understanding of differentiation with 100% completion.
- Using course materials and the provided online quiz, learners will complete the quiz to discern differentiation from other strategies with 90% accuracy.
- Using course materials and the provided scenarios, learners will respond to a classroom situation using appropriate differentiated teaching strategies and evaluate those strategies with 100% completion.