Cyber Bullying: Facts and Prevention
1. Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders
2. Basic word processing skills: Opening, typing and formatting text, saving files
2. Adobe Reader 11.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework. You can download this software for free at Adobe.com/downloads
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Use course text and guided instruction to read and analyze articles of real-life accounts of victims of cyber bullying and provide a written summary and reflection of the chosen article with 100% completion.
2. Use course text and guided instruction to explore and provide a written evaluation of the Cyber-Bullying Research Center Report web-based resource for teachers, parents and students with 100% completion.
3. Use course text and guided instruction to provide a written comparison of state legislation regarding cyber bullying with 100% completion.
4. Use course text and guided instruction to provide a written assessment of their understanding of cyber bullying causes, effects and prevention with 100% completion.
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA- Science and Technical Subjects