Story Maker Reading Strategy
1. Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders
2. Basic word processing skills
2. Adobe Reader 10.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework
Note: You can download this software for free at Adobe.com
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Use course text and guided instruction to write a story using words from a given word bank and compare their own story to the actual text with 100% completion.
2. Use course text and guided instruction to develop a lesson plan that implements the reading strategy with 100% completion.
Common Core Standards
• CCSS ELA 1.2: Reading Informational Text
• CCSS ELA 1.3: Reading Literature
• CCSS ELA 1.4 Writing
• CCSS ELA 1.5 Speaking and Listening