Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders, basic word processing skills such as using tables, a hint of coolness
3. Word Processing Software
4. Internet Access
5. Adobe Reader 11.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework
You can download this software for free at Adobe.com
Note: This course is packed with “Sound Bites” of different musicians throughout the history of Rock. It is recommended that you read the course material from your computer so that you can easily click the links and listen to the music.
Disclaimer: Some videos and music clips in this course are provided by the free video/ audio viewers such as, YouTube.com and Allmusic.com. Some websites contain ads that The Teacher’s Academy does not sponsor or support. Skip Ads when applicable.
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Use course text and guided instruction to analyze research that discusses the evolution of the music genre, rock and roll and produce an accurate timeline of historical events with 100% completion.
2. Use course text and guided instruction to analyze lyrics of a song of their choice and provide a written response to the artists message and reflection of how lyrics could engage students in deeper learning experiences with 100% completion.
3. Use course text and guided instruction to create a written mini biography and reflection of how the activity will improve student learning with 100% completion.
4. Use course text and guided instruction to design and develop a lesson plan that integrates music and enriches the learning experiences for their students with 100% accuracy.
Common Core Standards
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY. CCAR-R.2-10