Preference Based Teaching Strategies
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders, taking and uploading digital pictures (optional); downloading pictures from the Internet
2. Word Processing Software (MS Word, Word for Apple, etc.)
3. Internet access
4. Digital Camera (optional)
5. Adobe Reader (11.0.1 or later) Note: You can download this software for free at Adobe.com
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Use course text and guided instruction to provide a written response to PBT assessment questions with 100% accuracy.
2. Use course text and guided instruction to provide a written observation and record of student behavior before and after PBT strategies are initiated to determine how these strategies can improve student learning with 100% completion.
3. Use course text and guided instruction to research and provide a written analysis of 5 Preference-Based teaching (PBT) strategies with 100% completion.
4. Use course text and guided instruction to develop an integrated PBT lesson plan with 100% completion.
Common Core Standards
CCSS.ELA 1.1 Foundational Skills
CCSS.ELA 1.2 Reading Informational text
CCSS.ELA 1.3 Reading Literature
CCSS.ELA 1.4 Writing
CCSS.ELA 1.5 Speaking and Listening