Google Slides for Educators
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders; Basic Internet Research; Bookmarking Websites
1. Gmail account (free)
2. Chrome, or Firefox browser (free)
3. Latest version of Adobe Reader (10.01.11 or later, free at Adobe.com)
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Use course text and guided instruction to provide assessment responses that evaluate the pros and cons of Google Slides using the research and web resources provided to determine the best use of the software with 100% completion.
2. Use course text and guided instruction to provide responses that show proficiency in the aspects of effective presentations and integrating of those traits into their own projects with 100% completion.
3. Use course text and guided instruction to produce an outline lecture using Google Slides to learn how to expedite the creation process with 100% completion.
4. Use course text and guided instruction to integrate relevant subject matter consisting of main ideas and supporting details to create a menu-driven presentation to be used in class as an interactive teaching tool with 100% completion.
5. Use course text and guided instruction to create a student-led interactive presentation using hyperlinks to customize and personalize presentations that engage student interest and improve their study habits with 100% completion.
Common Core Standards
• CCSS ELA 1.2.C 6-8- Key Ideas and Detail Analysis
• CCSS ELA 1.2.D 6-8- Point of View
• CCSS ELA1.3.A 6-8- Theme
• CCSS ELA 1.4.6- Writing for different audiences
• CCSS RST- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas