Google Sheets for Educators
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders; Able to create or access a Gmail account and download Google Drive
1. Gmail Account (Free)
2. Google Drive (Free part of the Gmail account)
3. Any updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Firefox, IE. Safari will not support the add-ons in Google Drive needed to complete this course.
4. Adobe Reader 11.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework (You can download this software for free at Adobe.com)
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Use course text and guided instruction to create projects that shows increased fluency of the following technical skills: Insert, edit and format cells; write formulas, format; sort and filter data and other core features of Google Sheets with 100% completion.
2. Use course text and guided instruction to implement learned technical skills to create a finance budget and grade sheet with 100% completion.
3. Use course text and guided instruction to download an Add-On to mail merge spreadsheet data and create labels for easy mailing to parents with 100% completion.
4. Use course text and guided instruction to provide a written response to explore possibilities integrating the software in both personal and professional realms with 100% completion.
5. Use course text and guided instruction to apply the learned skills in an assessment with 100% completion.
6. Use course text and guided instruction to provide a written analysis of the benefits of utilizing Google Apps for Education with 100% completion.
Common Core Standards
• CCSS Math Practice
• CCSS Math 2.4
• CCSS LA- Writing 1.4