1. Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders
2. Basic computing skills: Take a screen shot, crop images, use tables and shapes to create worksheets or other materials. Basic word processing skills: Opening, typing and formatting text, saving files
3. Basic Internet skills
1. Internet Access
2. Adobe Reader 11.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework. You can download this software for free at Adobe.com/downloads
3. Microsoft Word 2007 or later
4. PowerPoint (Optional)
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Use course text and guided instruction to analyze, compare and contrast the components of effective game-based learning and determine how gaming can be used as an educational tool in the classroom with 100% completion.
2. Use course text and guided instruction to analyze how digital and non-digital games are used to increase student achievement levels, (memory, comprehension, skills) through motivation, challenge, competition and rewards with 100% completion.
3. Use course text and guided instruction create a custom, game-based lesson plan, including the learning activity and supplemental materials, with 100% completion.
4. Use course text and guided instruction to create custom Kahoot!, Quizziz and Flip Quiz, with 100% completion.
5. Use course text and guided instruction design a game-based learning strategy to help monitor and manage classroom behavior issues with 100% completion.
6. Use course text and guided instruction to research and collect online game-based learning tools to incorporate into the classroom, with 100% completion.
Common Core Standards
• CCSS: ELA –Literacy- RST Science and Technical Standards 6-8.9
• CCSS: ELA – Literacy- Reading Informational Text K-12