Creating a School Garden
Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, creating folders, basic word processing skills such as using tables
Uploading digital pictures if choosing a hand-drawn project
2. Word Processing Software (MS Word, Word for Apple, etc.)
3. Internet access
4. Camera (If choosing to upload digital pictures)
5. Adobe Reader 11.1.01 or later required to edit and save coursework
You can download this software for free at Adobe.com)
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Use course text and guided instruction to develop an Action Plan including a proposal to submit to administrators with 100% completion.
2. Use course text and guided instruction to view how educators are using gardens to enrich learning, then provide a written response/reflection on how they may implement strategies to increase academic achievement with 100% completion.
3. Use course text and guided instruction design a customized school garden according to the USDA hardiness zones with 100% completion.
4. Use course text and guided instruction to design a gardening activity that will increase achievement by engaging students in a project-based activity with 100% completion.
Common Core Standards
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY. CCAR-R.2-10 (College and Career Readiness- Reading)
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.CCRA.SL. (College and Career Readiness- Speaking and Listening)
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RH.6-8.4 (History/ Social Studies)