College and Career Readiness
• Basic computer file management knowledge, e.g. opening, saving and uploading files, etc.
• Basic spreadsheet knowledge, e.g. entering and formatting data, writing simple formulas
Step-by-step- directions for creating a spreadsheet are provided in Microsoft Excel 2010, but any spreadsheet program is acceptable.
• The Teacher’s Academy Course: Microsoft Excel for Educators (Recommended only if no prior spreadsheet knowledge)
• Basic Internet skills, e.g. searching, bookmarks, accessing web pages, creating an account
You will use the free online presentation software, Prezi, to create a business plan presentation for one of your projects. Directions are included in this text, but may change due to the nature of the Internet
• *Microsoft Excel®, or similar spreadsheet program
• **Adobe Reader 11.0.01 or later
Professional Learning Objectives
1. Use course text and guided instruction to identify errors and improvements to be made in a mock resume and execute the appropriate corrections to enhance the resume with 100% completion.
2. Use course text and guided instruction to research and evaluate the best techniques that foster age appropriate interviewing skills. Using these methods, teachers will create an activity the enhances speaking, listening and language skills with 100% completion.
3. Use course text and guided instruction to plan and create a Prezi® presentation for the classroom with 100% completion.
4. Use course text and guided instruction to create and integrate the stock market spreadsheet tracking skills to develop a dynamic lesson that enhance student understanding of the global economy with 100% completion.
Common Core Standards
College and Career Anchor Standards for: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening, and Language