Professional Development Units
Our courses are written by certified teachers who understand how precious time is. Our courses are designed with the busy teacher in mind. Many of the projects in our courses can be customized to meet the needs of your current students so you can use them in the classroom right away. Other projects are designed to be used in future classrooms. All courses are created to support, enlighten and bring a new positive perspective to the teaching profession. Enjoy!
Our courses are:
- Affordable. Teachers can earn all professional development hours necessary to maintain their license for less than the cost of one community college course.
- Convenient. Our self-paced courses are emailed immediately after purchase and can be downloaded to any computer.
- Effective. We research the latest education strategies that address the needs of the 21st century classroom.
Public School Teachers
Professional Development Requirements in Oregon are decided by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission.
- PDU requirements differ depending on the license type not employment status. 1 PDU = 1 clock hour.
- Licensed educators must complete 75 PDUs for most 3 year licenses and 125 PDUs for a 5 year license.
- Teachers do not have to complete college coursework to earn PDU credit.
Oregon Private School Teachers
The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider of ACSI Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by Association of Christian School International.
The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under professional, non-biblical studies.