Employed teachers by public or private schools can have their employers approve their PDUs from us
please contact the
Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC)
Affordable, Online Professional Development Options
- Materials are sent to you immediately and you can begin your course right away.
- Courses can be completed autonomously and at your own convenience.
- We are the most cost-effective option for professional development.
The Teacher’s Academy is the Best Choice for Professional Development
- All of The Teacher’s Academy courses are written by active school teachers.
- If your district requires approval, simply download a Request for Approval form.
- Courses are designed to improve student learning through the enhancement of the teacher’s pedagogy (utilizing the most relevant, current and proven teaching strategies).
- Our courses are aligned with Common Core standards.
Helping Oregon Teachers Earn Professional Development Units
According to the Department of Education, the Professional Development Requirements in Oregon are decided by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission.
- PDU requirements differ depending on the license type not employment status.
- Licensed educators must complete 75 PDUs for most 3 year licenses and 125 PDUs for a 5 year license
As of July 1, 2015, educators who hold or are moving to a substitute teaching license no longer need to acquire PDUs. This is a pilot program. Please contact TSPC for specific requirements and timeline.
- PDUs must be completed during the life of the current license
- According to the Oregon Department of Education, “Teachers do NOT have to complete college coursework to earn PDU credit.”
- Each PDU is equivalent to one clock hour.
- The online courses at The Teachers Academy are written in 3, 6, 15, and 18 hour (PDU) increments.
- Upon completion of the course, teachers will receive a Certificate of Completion and Feedback Form stating the hours earned and skills mastered.
- This and more information on professional development can be found on the Oregon Department of Education Website.
Oregon Private School Teachers
- The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider of ACSI Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by Association of Christian School International.
- The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under professional, non-biblical studies.
Although the Teacher’s Academy goes to great lengths to stay on top of the latest state regulations for teachers in each state, it is the responsibility of the teacher to understand the process for submission and approval of all professional development and licensing work, according to their state requirements.