"Ongoing Professional Development"
Renew Colorado Teaching Certificates
90 clock hours every 5 years
Welcome, Colorado Teachers!
- Materials are sent to you immediately and you can begin your course right away.
- Courses can be completed autonomously and at your own convenience.
- We are the most cost-effective option for professional development.
- The Teacher’s Academy is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
The Teacher’s Academy is the Best Choice for Professional Development
- Maintaining your CO teaching license is quick and easy with our online process of downloading the course to your email, then uploading your completed projects to your Teacher’s Academy account.
- Within 5-7 business days you will receive a Certificate of Completion and Feedback Form stating the hours earned and skills mastered for that particular course. More importantly, you will have created customized materials to be used in your classroom and acquired an abundance of educational resources. Time well spent!
- Courses are designed to improve student learning through the enhancement of the teacher’s pedagogy (utilizing the most relevant, current and proven teaching strategies).
- All of The Teacher’s Academy courses are written by active school teachers.
- Our courses are aligned with the Common Core standards.
Helping Colorado Teachers Renew their Teaching Certificates
- Colorado teachers must complete 90 clock hours of Professional Development activities or 6 hours of college credit every five years.
- Online courses are considered an acceptable form of Professional Development for Colorado teachers. Our courses align with the Colorado Professional Educator
- If your district requires approval for your professional development activity choice, a Request For Approval form is available for download.
- More information for Colorado Professional Development requirements can be found on the Colorado Department of Education’s website.
Colorado Private School Teachers
- The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider of ACSI Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by Association of Christian School International.
- The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under professional, non-biblical studies.
Although the Teacher’s Academy goes to great lengths to stay on top of the latest state regulations for teachers in each state, it is the responsibility of the teacher to understand the process for submission and approval of all professional development and licensing work, according to their state requirements.