Option 8 Professional Development Activity
Renew VA teaching license
180 profesional development points every 5 years
Welcome, Virginia Teachers!
- Materials are sent to you immediately and you can begin your course right away.
- Courses can be completed autonomously.
- The Teacher’s Academy is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
The Teacher’s Academy is the Best Choice for Professional Development
- All of The Teacher’s Academy courses are written by active school teachers.
- Courses are designed to improve student learning through the enhancement of the teacher’s pedagogy (utilizing the most relevant, current and proven teaching strategies).
- Our courses are aligned with the Common Core standards.
- For pre-approval submit the Request for Approval form.
Virginia Public School Teachers
- VA teachers need 180 Professional Development Points every 5 years for license renewal.
- The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under Option #8 “Professional Development Activities” of the Licensure Renewal Manual.
- Our courses are written in 3, 6, 15 or 18 hour increments. For example, our 15 hour courses are worth 15 renewal credits or 1.5 CEUs.
- Within 5-7 business days of course completion, teachers will receive a Certificate of Completion along with a Feedback Form stating the hours earned and skills mastered for the course.
- For information regarding Virginia’s licensing renewal visit the Virginia Department of Education.
Virginia Private School Teachers
- The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider of ACSI Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by Association of Christian School International.
- The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under professional, non-biblical studies.
Although the Teacher’s Academy goes to great lengths to stay on top of the latest state regulations for teachers in each state, it is the responsibility of the teacher to understand the process for submission and approval of all professional development and licensing work, according to their state requirements.