PD is tracked at the school district level. PD committees decide what pd works for their teachers.
Professinal Development Points
75 PD Points every 5 years
Oklahoma Public School Teachers
- Teachers are required to attain 75 hours of PD points over a five-year period.
- School districts will track professional development points for their teachers.
- Local PD committees determine what points are acceptable for teachers in their districts.
- Courses are written in 3, 6, 15 or 18-hour increments. For example, our 15-hour courses are worth 15 PD points.
- Teachers receive a Certificate of Completion along with a Feedback Form stating the hours earned and skills mastered.
- Submit the Request for Approval form to your state’s Department of Education or district administration.
- The Teacher’s Academy is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Oklahoma Private School Teachers
- The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider of ACSI Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by Association of Christian School International.
- The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under professional, non-biblical studies.