Alaska Public School Teachers
- A total of six (6) semester hours of credit are required to renew a 5-year certificate. (15 clock hours = 1 credit.)
- Up to three (3) of those hours can be satisfied with Non-Academic Continuing Education Units.
- You must get pre-approval from your district for a non-credit clock hour course such as those provided by The Teacher’s Academy.
- Submit the Renewal Credit Pre-Approval Request and $50 to the Alaska Division of Teaching and Learning to get receive approval for your course.
- Teachers will receive a Certificate of Completion and Feedback Form stating the hours earned and skills mastered for that particular course.
- The Teacher’s Academy is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Alaska Private School Teachers
- The Teacher’s Academy is an approved provider of ACSI Credits, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by Association of Christian School International.
- The Teacher’s Academy courses fall under professional, non-biblical studies.